Sunday, March 18, 2012

Amazing is our Lord

I still am in shock with the amount raised for our local HD chapter. I went to a meeting of the Iowa Pet Breeders in Ottumwa Iowa on Thursday Friday and Saturday. I did with my boss Dr. A G Beukelman DVM.. ( or as we know him Arnie) and with my wonderful husband Mike. There we talk to people about vaccines, worming  and all that stuff that goes with breeding dogs and cats.
Dr Beukelman had allowed me to set part of our booth with flyer about Landon and Kate and her battle with JHD..Terry Emmons from the Hunte Corp and Rob Hurd from APR and The board of Iowa Pet Breeders saw these and asked if they could have some bracelets to auction off at the IPBA annual auction ton Friday evening. I was humbled and was every happy to do so.
After a supper with Lots of Fun and talking, the Auction started... Than Rob Hurd announced that they were going auction off some bracelets made by a 7 year old boy who's sister has Juvenile Huntington’s disease. He also asked me and mike to stand up and we did..Than he told everyone in the room about JHD. He said how Landon is raising money for a cure and he been doing this for a year. 
Than the auction started: the opening bid was 100.00... than the next bid was called out 200.00 and than 700.00 and than 1000.00 and on... it stopped at 2500.00... tears rolled down my face. My whole body was shaking. My boss won the bracelets... and wrote the check for 2800.00... than he looked at Rob Hurd and said resell them!! and they did... and the opening bid this time?? 600.00 and than 800. and than 1000.00... and than they sold it again!! they sold the 3 little bracelets for a total of $4642.00... I cried and cried... and I hugged so many people. Even Mike may have shed a tear..We are humbled and we are grateful and most of all we are so very THANKFUL



the 3 most expensive bracelets i have ever held

They than gave the bracelets back to us... 
Now most of these people I have never met.. I have never seen.. and some I have never talked too. 
God was there that night.. 
I had a Amish man come to me and tell me " what a blessing!" and I said yes it has been and I am just in shock! He says to me" when God puts something into someone's heart, it happens." 
I could have not said it better my self. I am so humbled by the not only the amount of money rasied, but even more from the people who learned about JHD/HD and from their kind words and loving prayers. 

Yes, God is GREAT!! GOD IS PERFECT and faith in him is all we need! 
 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11
WE PRAISE OUR LORD AND IT IS ALL FOR HIS GLORY!!


http://www.facebook.com/pages/Avenue-Veterinary-Clinic
https://www.aprpets.org/
http://www.huntecorp.com/default.html
http://www.iowapetbreeders.com/aboutiowapetbreeders.html
http://www.iowapetbreeders.com/upcomingevents.html


No comments:

Post a Comment