Thursday, April 5, 2012

love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you,

Matthew 5 43-48
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor[g] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,[h] 45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet your brethren[i] only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors[j] do so? 48 Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect. Matthew 5,43-48

Love my enemy, that is a struggle.. it is easy to show love to those who are kind and loving toward my family and myself.. it is easy say I pray for ______. It is not easy to truly pray for those who have hurt us.. and not a prayer for them to change.. but for us to find love for them... I find myself coming back to this bible verse over and over.. I find myself failing.. and very likely to keep failing.. Is is a frustrating place to be, to be filled with anger and all the other feeling that go with that.. I pray that we can find some peace ... It is a struggle. to Love my enemy.. or someone or something I perceive as my enemy.. I find myself wishing bad things would happen or that it would go away.. and I find my self back at Matthew 5, Even than Our Lord tell me what to do..
2If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.

I pray that God stays with me and that my EPIC FAILS he will forgive.. I know there is forgiveness in him. I can't pick my brain and throw it away in the literal word.. but I can stop feelings of anger, guilt and hatred when they come.. and when they do come I pray God uses them for his GLORY.. 
  
Christ went thru more suffering and pain and death than i ever will.. it make a person feel very weak when I see what He has done and what he has given me. Perhaps, this is a time that i have to go thru to heal??
I am not sure, but i know that the fact is that, Our Lord is my guide in forest of my life.. and as long as i have him and keep in in front of me i will make it thru. 
It is not easy, as often i think. "i can do better.".(NO i can't and every time I try with out him, .. well let's just say EPIC FAIL... EVERY TIME... It is scarey to think of all those fails.. they haunt me.. and than I look in front of me and see his trail leading me..and I keep walking.. I keep praying..

SO this Easter I ask for forgiveness for those who I feel anger toward, not for myself to feel better but so that they may feel our Lords love. My God heal and show them the Love he has for those who are hurting
I also pray for forgiveness for all I have done and said to hurt people and for those times when I have shut my mouth when I should have spoken up, for those times I should have shut up and didn't. For those times that I feel I am right and no can talk to me because I am to stubborn.  Our God forgive me.


This is a Hard prayer to pray and truly mean it with my heart and soul..because I am dirty from sin and to ask for His forgiveness is hard..
      



No comments:

Post a Comment